Friday, August 14, 2020

Rolling!

What better way to start a weekend than with some good news?  

The BSA is now rolling! 

I will let the pictures speak for themselves, though I will add a couple of notes. 

The headlight bracket was made from scrap laying in the garage.  I then gave it a quick coat of paint and mounted it.  The pillion pad is something I bought off of Ebay in 2007 and never used.  Another shelf piece that was collecting dust!  The bars are a $5.00 swap meet item.  The rigid B31 did not have fork gaiters (boots) originally.  It would have been equipped with long shrouds equipped with fork ears.  I did not have the budget or inclination to source them.  Instead, I found a set of fork brackets with no ears for $4.00 on Ebay.  Some filler, some paint and a trim to square off the bottom and it fitted perfectly.  A pair of cut down Matchless fork covers sit between the bottom yoke and the springs.  These allow the boots something to sit on. Headlight is another Ebay item, purchased for $7.00.  I bought this to get the 5 3/4 Lucas lens, however I ended up using the whole thing.  It is made by Griffin and was originally used on the mustang mini bikes of the 50's and 60's.  

 Finally,  the seat springs for the seat are from fortnine and are intended for a Harley Davidson. They look good and were only $17.00.  







Things are moving! 

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment