Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Product Review: Metal rescue



This will be a very quick review, as there are only so many ways you can describe something as being a turd in a sandbox.

I've noticed an alarming trend with any product that offers to strip paint, remove rust or do anything useful.  If the label stresses that it is 'Eco friendly' put it back.

This generally translates to 'Doesn't work worth a damn, but you can feel good wasting your money on it as no whales died'.

I know this sounds like a cynical assessment and somewhat callous.  Do I care about the planet?  Of course I do.  I also care about products that work and truth in advertising.

When you pay hard earned money for a product, the product should deliver what it promises.  It is as simple as that.

I have always used home brew, old fashioned rust removal techniques that are cheap as chips and just as cheerful.  What made me lose my grip on reality and spend an eye watering $35.00 plus tax on this product?   It was two-fold really;  On one hand, I wanted to see if it would work and on the other hand I wanted a gentler approach to cleaning a 70 plus year old gas tank.




French Frank Fritz is a lying bastard.
I cleaned the tank, poured it in and waited a day or so.  The fluid changed colour from clear to that of weak tea, however absolutely no rust was removed.  I then did a second test on some pre-cleaned barbecue grills.  I left it for 2 days,  absolutely no result.  Nothing.

To say that I am disappointed with this is an understatement.  For the amount of money paid, I am quite angry to get something that performs so pathetically.  We are going to be a one income family for the next two years, so every penny counts.

From now on I will stick with the tried and true methods that have served me so well in the past.

This is a dismal product. Unless you enjoy wasting your money and time do not buy it.

Until Next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment