Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Battery Box/Tool Tray build


I confess that I didn't get a lot done over the Christmas break, however I did manage to accomplish several small jobs.

One of these items was the construction of a battery box for the G9 project.  The 1955 frame is a unique one in a few different regards, one being the off-set side mounted battery placement.

Rather than look for an original, I decided to make my own with some scrap lying around.  The box is a little oversize in order to accommodate (small) tools and mountings for my exhaust (more on that next post).  This will also give me more leeway when I eventually buy another battery.

It is always a pleasure to make my own parts, no matter how primitive they may be.  This is the freedom that comes with building a (mild) custom bike rather than a concours restoration.

I wasn't able to take pictures during the welding/cutting/grinding phase, but you get the idea.

The box has since been coated in black chassis paint, the strap came from a discarded Bell & Howell Filmo camera.








Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment