Wednesday, January 29, 2020

I think I found my first car....


The world can seem increasingly small sometimes, especially when something once thought lost returns to us.

At lunch time, I rarely stay at the office;  I walk, regardless of the season.   I work in an older neighborhood that is on the wrong side of an actual set of tracks.  That being said, there are many interesting century homes and industrial buildings to see.

Once in a while I even get to spot an interesting vehicle (see my CZ post from a couple years ago) though not too often.

While walking today however, something caught my eye.  It was the face of an old friend, a late 60's MG Midget, the first car I ever drove.

The closer I got to the car, the more it looked like my Midget.




Could this be the very same beast I fell in love with 28 years ago?

 It was rather like spotting an extraordinary former flame in the most mundane of places; With time, one is never quite sure yet a familiar magic remains in those eyes....

I remember the BMC logo on the seat belts, the mostly black body work with spots of primer.  I can recall the chrome and polished alloy accouterments under the bonnet.

I will never forget the sound she made, nor the feeling she gave me.

Further investigation may be warranted.

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment