Google+ Followers

Monday, April 11, 2016

Goodbye and Hello..

Time for a quick update, as I have some more detailed posts coming soon.

Looking around my garage a couple weeks ago, I knew it was time for me to re-evaluate my priorities.  My bench and shelves were full and I was struggling to find more than a square foot of useable space.   This inevitably meant letting go of parts and unfortunately, long term projects that I would never get around to finishing.

After long deliberation, I decided it was time to find a new home for the two Bridgestones.  I enjoyed having them and can be proud of the fact that I rescued two obscure bikes and brought them back from the brink.   It felt good to know they were going to someone who is passionate about vintage Japanese bikes, something I cannot confess to.



While I enjoy a wide variety of two wheeled vehicles, at the end of the day my heart will remain with British motorcycles.  I have decided to finish up all my outstanding projects and actually enjoy them on the road.  A novel and lofty concept, I know!


I was able to use the money to pay a couple bills and invest in the proper Burman CP gearbox for the G9 and a couple odds and ends.  I can also store things a little more easily and actually get organized (for once).

In other news I have found a local company (an hour away) to re-sleeve the G9 cylinder using the NOS sleeve I bought on Ebay.  I have been quoted around $200.00 which seems quite reasonable for the work involved.   The firm is called Cycle Improvements, they have been around since 1981 and seem to offer a wide array of services.  I will update once the work is done and post a review.  I have also found a good old stock standard bore piston from a fellow in Australia.  If all goes according to plan, I should have a useable motor by the end of the summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment